Saturday, July 12, 2008

Wisdom Tooth

On Thursday, David got a wisdom tooth pulled. I know it's weird that they only pulled one, but the insurance would only cover one and they wouldn't cover the anesthesiologist so he could be knocked out. Go figure. I would have backed out without being put to sleep, but David was so brave!
The surgeon said that Madisyn and I could stay and watch the whole thing and David was all for that cus he wanted me to take pictures. I ended up leaving right after he gave David the shots. That was enough for me!
We had to wait 7 minutes for David to be all numb and when the time was up he could barely smile. That is such a weird feeling. The whole procedure was pretty short. I only had time to feed Madisyn and change her diaper before David walked out and said he was done. 

He's doing pretty good. He's not even swollen very much at all. He's just really sore. He's a little whiny so I have two babies to take care of right now...haha. He hardly ever lets me "take care of him" though, so it's nice to be able to help him. That's my hubby for ya.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Totally different that JD's tooth-pulling experiences, since he gets knocked out. You got to witness that too...it's pretty funny. We have each experience on tape (the after...I don't think they'd let me be in the room and I wouldn't ask anyway). Once he was saying all kinds of funny things (even though he shouldn't be talking).

Sam said...

We have something in common. We both got something pulled out of our bodies this past week- a tooth and a baby. Way to go David!

The Odermott's said...

All I have to say is. OUCH! That had to hurt. I hope he feels better soon.

Beth Tunnell said...

I can't believe the doctor was going to let you guys watch the whole thing! Sounds pretty gruesome. But go David! Doin' the natural thing. It's very impressive. When I got my wisdom teeth out I had to choose between getting them all out while awake, or two out asleep. I chose the second. I still have to get the other two out. Hopefully our new insurance will cover that!

Post a Comment