In response to the many admirings of my latest headers and scrap book looking pages, I decided to do a "how to" about the site I use for it!
While I was surfing the net, as usual, I came across this really fun site called Scrapblog.com. I was so excited to find that there is a site that allows you to scrapbook digitally and is completely FREE. You can Create, Share & Print as many pages as you want. I'll try my best to explain this site step by step. It's long so bear with me ;)~When you get to the first page just click on the "Get Started" button.
~That will take you to the "Scrapblog Builder" page.
~You can choose whether you want to start with a blank page, or you can choose to start with a theme. (As a side note, when I first started, I used a theme because everything is layed out for you and that got my creative juices going)
~Say you choose a theme. For this example I picked "Autumn Leaves"
~You click on the theme and it'll bring you to a page where you can preview all the pages in that theme. Some have just one or two pages and others have up to five or six. This particular one has four pages.
~Below is a picture of half of what the screen will look like. I don't know why it won't show the whole thing.
~On the left hand column you will see a list of tools you can use for creating your page. This list includes: Photos, Stickers, Backrounds, Text & Balloons, Shapes, Videos, Frames.~In the pic you can see that photos is highlighted. To import photos you just click the "Get Photos" button pictured above and it will bring you to the uploader.
~Every other tool works the same way. When you click on the tool you choose it will be highlighted yellow. You will see the "Get Pics, Frames, etc..." buttons.
~Underneath each tool you will find the scraps that correspond with each theme. Example: the "Autumn Leaves" theme shows the backrounds, stickers, frames etc.. that correspond with the theme.
~The neat thing is that you are not limited to the scraps that correspond with the theme. You click the "Get Stickers", "Get Backrounds" buttons. This allows you to search through all the scraps available. There are hundreds!
~When you scroll over the scrap piece you want to edit, move, delete, etc, it will light up. So, you will know which piece you're choosing.
~When you click on the scrap piece, you have the options for editing it on the right side of the page.
~For photos, you can crop, edit, add or remove the border on the pic, flip it, cut, copy paste and pretty much anything you can think of.
~On the page, the piece you choose will have a box round it. You can use this to re size the piece, rotate it and drag it where you want.
~In the left hand tools column where you choose your piece you just click on the piece you want and drag it to your page. It's as easy as that.
~I love that there are endless tips and tricks to this program. Just dive right in and experiment with it. I learn something new about it every time I use it.
~When you are all finished you will have to save it. There's a button on top. A page will come up that asks you to create an account. It's as simple as a nickname, email address and password.
~You'll be asked what you want your scrapblog to be named and that's it.
~Next, you will have to publish your page. You can choose to make it private or public. I usually do private because I put them on my blog anyways.
~Here's my favorite part! Once you publish your page you have the option to save it as a JPEG! That's how I get the page as my header or put it in my pictures in my posts. Once you make it a JPEG you can have it printed anywhere cus it's just a picture file on your computer!
~To export as a JPEG you go to file. The click on the "export as JPEG button. Choose where you want it to save on your computer and like magic you have an awesome scrapbook page you can do whatever you want with and it's FREE!
I hope this was more helpful than confusing. If anyone has any questions or is confused about anything please leave me a comment or email me and I'd love to help! This is so much fun and I am so excited about this discovery. I love pictures so much and it warms my heart to know I can create such memorable pages with them so easily. Have fun and let me know how it goes. I'd love to see your creations :)
HAPPY SCRAPBLOGGING!








1 comments:
oh my gosh, thanks for sharing. this is so my favorite site!!!
Post a Comment