My day started off with a phone call from the sister missionaries in our ward reminding me that I signed up to have them over for dinner tonight. Then, she added "oh by the way, the elders will be joining us too, oh and one of the elders is a greenie (spelling?). It's his second day on the mission field! So, can you make the dinner green?" I was a little caught off guard, but it's fun to have guests for dinner. My house was anything but put together. So, I spent most of the day cleaning while Madisyn was stuck to my leg like a leech. She was so winey! Oh the joys of motherhood :) I racked my brain for what I could make that's not only green, but yummy too. I found a few recipes for pesto pasta, but didn't like certain things about each one. I just took what I liked and went for it. It was SO very good! I usually shy away from "creating" my own recipes because they very rarely ever turn out. I'm much better off with a good recipe :) To my surprise, this one turned out so great that I just had to share.
Sorry I didn't take a picture :(
Pesto Pasta
adapted from Taste of Home
-22oz spiral pasta (you could use less...I just had 6 adults to feed)
-6 oz cream cheese (cubed)
-1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
-1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
-1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
-1/4 cup motzerella cheese
-6 T olive oil
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-2 garlic cloves quartered
-1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
-1/2 cup pine nuts
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, place the cream cheese, basil, parsley, parmesan, motzerella, olive oil, salt, garlic and nutmeg. Cover and process on low for about 1 minute or until creamy. Drain pasta; top with pesto and toss to coat. Garnish with pine nuts and a little extra cheese. (You can also add some fresh parsley on top for presentation.)
YUMMY!

6 comments:
That sounds so good. I love pesto pasta! It's one of my favorites. Isn't it so fun to take recipes and change them around to a way you like them. I'm sure this won't be the only recipe you create on your own.
Pesto is soooo good. The best thing about it (well, one of the best things), is that you can make a ton of the sauce, freeze it in individual bags (with the right amount), then pull it out when you need it (speaking of...I have some in the freezer right now!)
That sounds really good!!! I'm glad that you were able to make something green. I still think that is really funny.
Wow! I love pesto, but that looks like the cheesiest yummiest recipe I've ever seen! (and don't you love how absent minded missionaries can be... I love the "oh yeah, and the elders are coming, too..."
mmmmmm....
Sounds really good, I already wrote down the recipe to try. That would of been a lot of fun making a green meal. looks like you had a fun Easter too.
Post a Comment