Here's pics of our vacation: Click Here
Wednesday night Celeste received her endowments. It was incredible to embrace my parents & my sister in the celestial room of the gorgeous Oakland Temple. My family set a goal quite some time ago that we would all meet in the celestial room of the temple one day & now we're one step closer! I was so nervous about leaving Madisyn, but I knew Kayla would take good care of her. Earlier that morning I pumped a bottle to see if she would take it & she had no problem so that made it a lot easier.
Thursday was 110 degrees. I thought I was going to melt. My mom , Madi & I went to get a few last minute things for the reception and after lunch I said "I want my hair cut short, it's too hot!" So, we made an appointment and I got my hair cut & I love it! It's so fresh & really stylish. That night was the wedding shower. It was fun to see so many friends I haven't seen in so long & show off my little princess.
Friday was soooo busy. Reception set up day. Me, my parents, Cole & Nadine were the only ones who were there to set up until later on that night. Needless to say it turned out perfectly beautiful. My dear friend Anna came to visit and helped with Madisyn so I could do the center pieces. It was so awesome to see her again! I stayed up till 3:30 am that night helping my mom with the bouquet & finishing the slideshow presentation. I made a DVD of pics of Celeste & Bryce from birth till now & set it to songs Celeste picked out. I am very proud of the finished product & we showed it at the reception on Saturday.
Saturday was the wedding day. David flew in early morning just in time for the sealing..he cut it really close, but I'm so glad he made it! It was so amazing to witness my sister make the same covenants that David and I made 2 years ago, and what made it even more special is they were sealed in the exact same sealing room as we were. What are the chances of that? My mom and I helped Celeste get her jewelry and tiara on in the bridal room and she looked stunning! Everyone took pics outside of the temple and it was a gorgeous day. Then off to the reception. The whole day was so much fun. It was great to see all my relatives introduce them to Madisyn. I think I held her about 5 minutes all day. She loved meeting everyone & she had plenty of smiles for each person she saw...so sweet! After we saw Celeste and Bryce off, we had the reception cleaned up in about 2 hours compared to the 12 hours of set up. Then, we headed over to iFly for a much needed break. David, Kayla, James & my dad flew. iFly is a wind tunnel that makes you feel like you're skydiving. Real skydivers use it for training. They had a blast and I got lots of good pics. We came home and crashed.
Sunday we went to my parent's ward and my brother James received the Aaronic Priesthood. I can't believe he's 12 years old. We're so proud of him! The rest of the day we just hung around the house and relaxed. I think we all really needed it. The missionaries came for dinner and left us with a sweet message about missionary work.
Monday morning David, Madi & I left at 4 am to catch our flight home. We had a very eventful, great vacation. It was so nice to be apart of some important steps in my family's life and see so many people that are dear to my heart. What more could we ask for?!








2 comments:
Did David cry? Your hair cut is so cute!
No, David didn't really cry he was just very quiet and pensive throughout the whole sealing. I think it just brought back that special feeling he got on our wedding day.
Post a Comment