Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Great Diaper Debate

Yes that's Madisyn when she was about 2 mo. old...look at that little cute bum!

Why can't ANYONE make a diaper that will actually hold everything in? I loved the Pampers newborn, but once Madi was too big for those we switched to Huggies and up until recently that's all we use. They have been pretty good, but every once in awhile she can still blow through them. I decided to try Pampers Cruisers to see if they are any better and we got our answer very shortly after. Funny story...caution, if you have a week stomach, don't continue! We were at David's parents house this past weekend for church. We went to sunday school kind of late so we had to sit far apart. David was sitting behind me, holding Madisyn, and all of a sudden I heard her fill up her diaper (which is a sound I am accustomed to). When I turned around it was all over David's shirt and it was RUNNING down his pants. Oh my goodness! I've never seen anything like that! Way to go Madisyn! She had the biggest grin on her face cus she felt so much better :) She was wearing Pampers, but I thought it just might be fluke. So, two days later she had another huge blowout in her crib while wearing Pampers. No more Pampers for us! At least now I can be grateful for my Huggies! Which diapers do you like the best?

7 comments:

Sam said...

We also used Pampers newborn diapers. Now that Alexia is in size ones we are try a few different ones. I tried Huggies and they were fine but I still was not the biggest fan or of Luvs. She still has blow outs through the legs because they are just too big.

And that is so funny. Alexia had a blow out in church this week in Sunday school also but luckily it only went to her undershirt and not her dress... or to us!

Sam said...

Her hair was so much darker back then.

Kelly Moore said...

See, I had the exact opposite problem, The pampers worked best for hudson until he was close to a year. It had to be the kind with really stretchy sides, not the otherones... I don't know. I think it depends on the age and the size. Huggies worked great for him once he was a little bigger...Who knows.

Katie Bolton said...

GROSS! ha ha. funny.
-katie

ray-ray says said...

Huggies all the way!

We've made the mistake about trying to save money on diapers and go the cheaper route a couple of times. Those end up being messy mistakes.

Anonymous said...

I was all about Pampers Swaddlers when Mallory was tiny. I used their newborn and size one. Then I switched to Huggies and I've never used anything else (since I can buy them in bulk at Costco) I think they're great and Mallory's never leaked out of them or anything. Well .. she's half potty trained now, so she doesn't poop in her diapers anymore .. thank goodness!

The Odermott's said...

Huggies or Kirkland at costco are really good too.

Post a Comment