Our little sweetheart is 6 months old! She is such a bundle of joy. I love that every stage and every age brings something new and exciting. We got to feed Madi rice cereal for the first time tonight. I mixed it with a good amount of breast milk so it would be liquid enough for her to get it down.

David really wanted to be a part of his little princess' first time eating, so we waited till he got home. I love how excited he is to be right there for every adventure. Madi made some pretty funny faces, but just kept on scarfing it down. Our little miss piggy :)

I gave her a spoon to hold onto so she wouldn't try to grab the one I had out of my hand. She thought that was pretty neat. She chewed on that thing the whole time. Yummy!

That's one happy girl. She had that sticky cereal all over her face, legs, arms...well basically everywhere. She ate the whole thing! Minus the little bit that David dropped the remote into...ooops! We gave her a bath and off to bed she went. Hopefully she'll sleep really well tonight, but we'll just have to wait and see. HAPPY 6 MONTHS CUTIE PIE!
4 comments:
awwe! That's so exciting! :) congrats!
-katie
Ooooh boy. Well, no more worry about blowing out of diapers...you realize that right? Once ya start the solids, there's the transition, then there's no turning back. She'll be filling those huggies or pampers with comething quite different, and there's no turning back. (just an FYI on our experience with the rice cereal...in some babies it can kind of slow them down a bit, in terms of their poops. We used the baby oatmeal after we realized that...some kids are totally fine though. Oh yeah, and bananas do that too).
I love your new header.
That is a great idea- mixing it with breast milk. Did she sleep well?
To answer Sam's question, she woke up about 4 times that night! I didn't feed her till the morning though cus the doctor told me just like we don't need to eat at night, once she's 6 months old she doesn't need nutrition at night. Last night she slept really good though! We'll see what happens once she eats the cereal more regularly.
Post a Comment