Thursday, December 4, 2008

Something To Think About

Lately, I have been thinking about how selfish my attitude is sometimes. I do a lot of complaining, whining, thinking about me and it comes pretty naturally. It's so easy for me throw my own pity party. Why? I don't know. I have countless things to be thankful for. I have an incredible family, the perfect husband for me and a beautiful daughter who the Lord has blessed me with. The Christmas season brings out something special in people and what better time to change your attitude than the "season of giving". Plus, with the new year right around the corner I need to get a head start on my self improvement. So, from now on I am going to find something positive about every situation and when I find myself thinking of ME, I'm going to get up and do something for someone else. I REALLY need to do both of those things and I know I can. It's just sticking to it every time that will be the tricky part. It is always helpful to me to read quotes or listen to talks from the leaders of the church. I need those constant reminders! My most favorite quote from this last General Conference was stated in Elder Cook's talk. He said, "Every cloud we see doesn’t result in rain". As soon as he said those words I was overwhelmed with peace and it was so powerful. When something isn't going our way and things aren't so pleasant, it doesn't mean our world is coming to an end. It just means we have a chance to grow and learn and move on. I read another great quote today by President Hinckley that said, "Choose your love, and love your choice". He was referring to marriage, but really it could apply to any choice you make in your day. Love what you do. If you chose to be a mom and stay home with your child all day long, cleaning house, with no car cus your husband is gone all day...then LOVE IT! If you're pursuing your education and working...the LOVE IT! I have really come to see that attitude is everything. No matter what happens I am going to try my best to have a good attitude and do it with a smile :) I know it'll take lots of prayer and reminders, but I will be better for it and that's worth it to me!

6 comments:

Celeste said...

Good for you sis. You'll do great.

Pamela Brown said...

Amen to that. Thanks for this awesome blog. It is so true. You are amazing and have a wonderful spirit, thanks for being such a good friend.

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way. I'm totally a selfish, pity party, type of person. You've inspired me to change. This is defintely the season for it. Be grateful and be giving!

Beth Tunnell said...

thanks for the every cloud quote! I get so stuck in my worries sometimes and that is just a great reminder that not all of those what if's are going to happen! Awesome post.

Sam said...

You say what I am sure most of us are thinking or at least should be. There is always room for improvement. I love those quotes. This morning I was reading Elder Wirthlin's latest conference address,"Come What May and Love It." It is so true that attitude is everything.

ray-ray says said...

I agree with everything. Thanks for writing it out for us to read.
We're all in this together!

Post a Comment