Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Fantastic 1st Birthday Requires....

Madi Bday1_0374e
This ADORABLE one year old. Gosh those eyes are amazing!


Madi Bday1_0407e
A very yummy whole wheat eggo and banana breakfast.


Madi Bday1_0424
A cup"cake", decorated by a loving mother at 7:30 am! [It was worth it  =]


Madi Bday1_0292e
Some pigtails and a pink tutu [This is the one you've been waiting for...Yay! Now you don't have to check my blog every day while you wait in anticipation to see Madi in her tutu ;]


Madi Bday1_0305crop
Some awesome friends to celebrate with! [They really are all the awesomest! The plans I had for Madi to celebrate with her friends fell through at the last minute...I mean like 10 minutes before we were out the door. I knew it would make Madi's day if she could just be with her friends. In a mad dash, I made my way to the phone and 45 minutes later a sign was up, the house was clean, the pizza was here, and so were all our wonderful friends!] 
Thank you :)

Madi Bday1_0242
The first grab at what was her first real sugary treat! Oh and 1 candle!

Madi Bday1_0250
I should mention...it was a trick candle. Oooops :) [I just grabbed the first one I saw out of the drawer. It ended up being pretty funny and her friends loved trying to blow it out. Look at Dalan's face!]


Madi Bday1_0257
The first lick of that cream cheese frosting....yummmmmmy.

Madi Bday1_0273
The wave of energy and pure joy when one experiences her first sugar rush! Shortly after that first lick, she dug right in. [I had no doubt that's what Madi would do...awe that's my girl!]


Madi Bday1_0316
Awe the sound of paper ripping to shreds. [Thank you so much for the sweet gifts!]


Madi Bday1_0323e
A few hours later...the house was back in order and Madi had taken a much needed nap. She woke up to her "gift" from mommy and daddy all set up for her [the doll stroller]. There were also some gifts from Grandma Jaci all wrapped in green. 


Madi Bday1_0345e
A dolly from Grandma!!!! [She loves it!]


Madi Bday1_0335e
Yay! Some new dresses...some new very CUTE dresses!


Madi Bday1_0347e
Ok back to the dolly. [Notice the little shamrock on the dolly's dress...perfect for our little lucky charm!]


Madi Bday1_0384crop
Then, it was off to the children's museum. What a fun place! Madisyn had a blast exploring and there were so many other kids to play with. What a great find! [It happened to be free admission that night too...SCORE!]


Madi Bday1_0395bw
David and his girl playing the piano at the museum...I LOVE THIS PICTURE!


Madi Bday1_0403e
Next stop, one of our favorites, the Roadhouse. [It was kids eat free night too...DOUBLE SCORE!]


Madi Bday1_0406
Finish off the day with a nice warm bath and some snuggles with mom & dad :)

We had a really great day with our little one year old. I am so proud of everything she's accomplished in her 1 year of life. She makes me want to push myself to learn and develop new talents. I feel so blessed to call her my own. 

MOMMY LOVES HER MADI!

8 comments:

Celeste said...

Yay finally! I'm so glad that Madi had such a good birthday. I absolutely love how you put together the cupcakes into the shape of a 1. It looked so perfect. You are so creative! I also loved the pics of her in her tutu. Way cute! Good job sis. You have kept Mom's tradition alive and made a wonderful birthday party for you little one. Oh and the pics looked great. You have a way of capturing the perfect moments of your cutie. Love ya sis!

Camille English said...

So cute our girls had cupcake turtles for cake, too much green frosting! Happy Birthday Madisyn!!!

Anonymous said...

How adorable! You guys went all out! Looks like a lot of fun! Cute pictures.

Jana said...

SO cute Chels! You are such an awesome mom :)

Beth Tunnell said...

What a fun birthday! What a fun mommy, too! Looks like the perfect first birthday. Love the cupcakes.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she is already a year old. I love the pictures of her and her doll. I want to get Lexi one too. A baby playing with a baby doll is just too cute.

Lore Smart said...

Chelsi~
love the pics, the one of Madisyn hugging her baby doll is so precious. I love the one of both of you after bath time. So sweet. what a fun birthday party and we wouldn't have missed it. What a beautiful baby girl, Happy 1st birthday Madisyn!

p.s. can't wait for this weekend. its going to be LOTS of fun to hang out with you guys and go skiing. Spring skiing is the best!(well,according to lore)

THE GROWS said...

I cannot believe she is one already. Dang. She is so cute and I can't get over how sweet her eyes are. They are so blue and bright. Looks like she had a good birthday.

Post a Comment