Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Oh What A Spring Break...

...where to start?

I've been absent for a week or so, not because we were off having the time of our lives at a fabulous resort somewhere. We have been on quite the emotional roller coaster these past few days. It all started with a phone call from David's mom informing us that Grandpa Greenwood [David's grandpa who lives in CA] had a stroke. Lets just say he had surgery and things weren't looking too bright. We decided to do a huge family fast starting at 5pm Sunday night. David and I drive straight from church to his parent's house. [David may act tough, but he is a real softy and needed to be with his family. I just love him for that :] On Monday around noon a few of us broke our fast and about 30 minutes later we received a phone call letting us know that miraculously he was doing great! They told us he might even be able to go home the following day. Wow! What more could we ask for? The doctors just couldn't believe how well he was doing. They literally said it was a miracle. Well, we aren't surprised that our prayers were answered, but we are ever so grateful for it. Things like this can really bring families together. 

Here's where the week took another turn...
We got a phone call at 1 am on Monday night. Grandpa Tilton [David's grandpa who lives just a few hours from us] had a major heart attack and was being rushed to the hospital. Both Grandpas in the hospital within 2 days? I was thinking, "Heavenly Father, how much can this family handle at once?" We had another family prayer before everyone had to leave for work/school. David's family doesn't have their spring break till next week. Within a matter of a few hours, David and his mom left for the hospital and spent all day there. I stayed home with Madi so I could help out with rides home from school. Plus, Madisyn had a pretty nasty cold throughout all of this and was getting very little sleep. Not a good idea to take a sick, cranky sweetheart to the hospital waiting room all day. Grandpa had 2 surgeries yesterday and one today. Things are looking as good as they can, but there are a few major concerns. All we can do is pray and wait. Both grandpas need our faith and prayers right now. 

Even though this had been a difficult week, we have shared some really special moments with the ones we love. I am so grateful to know that no matter what happens, I will be with my family forever. If one of them leaves this earth, I will be able to see them again. That is so comforting. I love this gospel and I know it's so true. Keep a prayer in your heart for us.

7 comments:

Sam said...

Oh Chelsi. I'm so sorry. I know that David is a softy so this must be hard on him. You will all be in our prayers.

I have noticed in my own life that when it rains, it poors. But the wonderful thing about rain is the rainbow afterward.

Chelsi said...

Thank you so much Sam. I love that analogy :)

Lore Smart said...

Ohhh, Chelsi....No clue you both have been going through so much this week. Our prayers are with you both and Davids family. What a rough time. If this weekend doesnt work for skiing, no worries at all, family first, we totally understand. We are thinking of you all!

The Odermott's said...

My prayers are with you guys. I know exactely what You both are going through. My Grandma died almost two years ago. My Grandpa took a turn for the worst right after. he still is not doing great. And that just one set. My other grandpa is doing really poorly too. I just hope they get to stick around a little longer. It's a hard and stressful thing to sit and wait.

Celeste said...

Bryce and I are keeping you guys in our prayers. I'm sorry that you've had to deal with all of this in such a short amount of time. I LOVE YOU SIS!

Chelsi said...

Thank you for all your sweet comments! I love all my family and friends! You're the best!

Update: Grandpa Greenwood is doing really great! He will be going home shortly!

Pamela Brown said...

Chelsi, I'm so sorry that happened. But what amazing faith you guys have. It's amazing the miracles that families can be blessed with when there is so much love and faith. This is a spring break I'm sure you guys will remember for a long time. I'm glad that both grandpas are doing better, and I hope things continue that way, best of luck. We will be thinking of you guys.

Post a Comment