Let me start from the beginning....
The hubby's original plan was to graduate with his BA from central, work for two years at a fortune 500 company, then get his MBA. The plan has changed MANY times since then. He wanted to get a double masters JD [law] MBA [masters in business]. So, he took the LSAT [that's the test you have to take to get into law school], while taking 21 credits every quarter this year [crazy I know]. To no one's surprise he didn't get the scores he wanted to on the LSAT,because of the lack of study time with all those other classes demanding his time. He then went back to the idea of just working for two years then getting the MBA. Then, he found this masters called MSL [masters in the study of law] which is a one year program. Pretty much all of the prestigious law schools have it. Yale, Harvard, Stanford...yeah the ones that are impossible to get in to. The other options were Ohio [no offense, but we just can't see ourselves living there] and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. It's far away, but I love the city and it would be an adventure. The University of Pittsburgh is ranked 21 out of 500 law schools. That being said, I just didn't think he'd get in. They only accept about 20 students into this masters program. The odds were not exactly in our favor. Despite all of those stats, every time I thought about living there it just felt at peace [as crazy as that sounds]. I didn't know if that peace was just to calm my nerves since graduation is a week away and we STILL didn't know what we were going to do or where we'd end up for the next stage of our lives. The answer came on Monday. David went out to the mail box, as usual and when he walked in the door he said "oh it's just a bunch of bills" with the BIGGEST smile on his face. I knew right at that moment that he was accepted. I called him a lier and for the next few hours we were on the phone with family and friends sharing the good news. SO, long story short.....
WE'RE MOVING TO PITTSBURGH! As of sometime before August 21st 2009 we will be living on the east coast. Crazy I know, but I couldn't be more excited and terrified all at the same time. So much to do. So much to sell/get rid of. It's more expensive to move our stuff down there than to just sell it and get new stuff there [when I say new I mean from craigslist or something :) ] It will all fall into place at the last minute as it always does :)
PITTSBURGH HERE WE COME!!!!










11 comments:
HOW EXCITING! Good for David. That's so awesome. :)
That is sooooo awesome!! I am sad that you are moving aways but it will such an adventer. Our scarest move was to Salt lake city. And i have to say it was a great experince! We would do it again in a heart beat if the lord wanted us too. You will love it.
Wow that is crazy exciting! Good luck with school and the big move! Congrats to your hubby for getting in!
Wow! Congratulations! That sounds like an awesome adventure! Can't wait to see the pics. And have fun at Graduation!
That is exciting. We are on the other side of PA. It is very beautiful out here. I am sure you will love it. congratulations
how fun!!! congrates to you all, be ready for COLD winters....lots of ice storms.
I'm so excited for you guys. It will be a crazy adventure but so fun. And you'll get to go visit Scranton!
I'm so glad that you guys finally know where you are going. Although I am very sad that it is so far away, we will miss you guys. But on the bright side atleast we have blogs, so we can keep in touch.
That's exciting. I've never been to the east coast. Definitely some good photo ops for you there!
COngrats!! That is really awesome. He'll do great out there. I would love to live on the east coast some day. I hope you guys enjoy it. Can't wait to read your blogs all about it. =o)
Thats so exciting! Congratulations. That will be such an adventure. Good luck with the planning. It must feel good having a plan
Post a Comment