We had a wonderful Christmas with my family in California! Isn't family the best?!
Christmas Eve was spent in Sacramento with my mom's side of the family. We do the traditional Christmas Eve dinner. then we head on over to Grandma's place for our gift exchange with her. I will always have fond memories of every Christmas with Grandma Jeanne :)
Every Christmas morning for as long as I can remember, we go out to breakfast with EVERYONE. My great grandpa started the tradition. He passed away about 20 years ago, but the tradition is still going strong! It was so fun to see Madisyn with all her second cousins. It's great to have my cousins so close in age. We all get to share special moments in our lives around the same time. Cute kids!! (In the last picture Madi was being a little difficult. It's the best I could do!)
This one just cracks me up.
Madi adores these two. Thank goodness for grandma and papa!!!
My sister and her hubby (baby Evelyn will be joining their family in May!! I'm going to be an auntie!!!)
Grace and I :)
Cousins and their girls. There are boys too, but this picture was girls only :)
My whole family!
Everyone at the breakfast! So glad we got a group shot this year. Look how much our families are growing. I'm sure there will be even more kids next year. Yay!
This is a montage of the rest of our day on Christmas. David and I went to his Grandparent's house for Christmas dinner. Then, we went back to my parent's for our gift exchange with them. (The jar at the top was a gift to David's grandparents from all their kids, grandkids, and great grandkids. We each wrote 10 things we love about them on strips of paper. They all got put in that jar, made by aunt Cindy. Grandma grandpa get to pull one out each day. What a cute idea!!)
These last pictures were taken the rest of our visit.
We all drove to Sonora to visit my grandparents on my dad's side. (That's the hospital picture) My grandma has been in the hospital since October 09. It has been one thing after another, but as of right now, she is doing very well and is expected to be home soon!
The bottom pictures were taken at my all time favorite yogurt ice cream shop. My parents have taken my siblings and I there since we were little. It was so fun to bring my baby there. I never would have thought I would share ice cream with my daughter in that same place I've always loved. Time sure does fly when you're having fun!
We had a wonderful getaway this Christmas and I'm so thankful that I got to share all of it with family and friends. That's what the Holidays are all about.



















2 comments:
I'm so glad that you had a wonderful Christmas and that you got to see your family :) That is so exciting that you are going to be an aunt and that Madi gets her first cousin :) I love all of the pictures. Your hair is so long, I like it, it is really pretty:( We miss you guys!!!
There isn't anything as cozy as Christmas traditions. Glad you could go see your family in California!
Post a Comment