Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My "Waiting For Baby" Project

Fleece Blanket I Made For Baby!

David's mom found this fleece fabric that matches the peanut shell baby sling I got as a gift. She has many different projects she's been working on for baby, so she asked if I wanted to do this one, while I wait for baby to arrive. It was so fun and so easy! I am all about easy. If a project is too complicated I get so frustrated and I never end up finishing it. I'm so excited that I did this one all on my own. All you do is cut the edges into strips about 3" wide and 1.5" long. Then you fold each strip back and forth (like a fan) till you're at the top of the strip. Then you use thread (doubled) to sew around the middle of the "bow" about 3 or 4 times. Then, tie and cut the thread. You just do that for each strip and it ends up looking like there's bows all the way around! I just thought I'd share this fun idea cus I'm so excited that it turned out so cute!




2 comments:

Sam said...

Those tied fleece blankets are my favorite! Our baby will need one in the winter for sure!

Still no baby?

P.S. You don't even look prego in that picture.

Chelsi said...

Sam, once you find out what you're having I'll start a cozy blanket for your little one! Nope, still no baby. I'm 75% effaced, 1 cm dialated & baby is really low. Some contractions yesterday about 10 min apart, but nothing alarming yet. Just trying to be patient!

Post a Comment