Just thought I'd share a few baby items that are so helpful to us. Madisyn is a very content baby the majority of the time, but it sure is nice to have things that aid in her comfort and when she's happy so are we!
"Sleeper Gown"
We have a bunch of these kind of gowns. Let me tell you, it makes a night time diaper change so quick and easy. I just lift up the bottom, change her and pull it back down. No buttons, zippers or ties to mess with and her tummy stays warm the whole time.
"Swaddle Me"
We have been swaddling Madisyn since the night she came home from the hospital. We learned how to swaddle with a blanket at our birth class, which was very helpful, but these swaddlers are so great! Newborns get startled a lot, but when she has her swaddler on, her arms and legs don't fly into the air and wake her up. A really neat feature is that you can just pull the bottom part of it down for diaper changes instead of unwrapping her whole body. I can't say enough about our swaddlers!
"Peanut Shell"
Stephanie, my good friend from high school, sent me two peanut shells and I use them every day! Madisyn is such a cuddle baby and loves to be held close. How is a mommy supposed to clean, do laundry, and cook dinner while holding her baby close? That's where the peanut shell is a lifesaver. I have two hands to do my homemaking with and Madisyn is comfy right next to me.
"Boppy Pillow"
This is so great for nursing. It's shaped like a "c" so you can put it around your waist. It supports baby and gives me a place to rest my arms. When I'm not using it for nursing, Madisyn lays in it for naps, or uses it for tummy time. It supports her body so well. She is always comfy in her boppy!
"Swing"
David & his mom found this at the thrift store for 8 bucks! It's just like new and was a steal of a deal for something so usefull. Madisyn loves watching the colorful lights and the fishies that swim when it rocks. It plays some sweet tunes too! Every mom needs a swing or bouncer of some sort. I use this thing a couple times a day at least!








2 comments:
So these are a few things that I need to put onto my shopping list. Good to know. I am worried that I won't get everything that I need before she comes.
I TOTALLY agree on all those! I need to go get another swing though because we sold ours when Asher grew out of it, but I will need one when baby #2 arrives in a few months. Did you know the Peanut Shell inventor is from Pleasanton? Crazy. I actually made one myself (there's a free pattern on the Karma baby website...way easy, in case you want more designs, but you've got 2 already. http://www.mykarmababy.com/pages/BabySlingPattern.php). Something else I can't live without is a nursing cover. If you've ever seen hooter hiders (www.bebeaulait.com), I MAKE those too, but I call them something else and they're a little bigger. Baby gear...man, you don't know how much one little person needs.
Post a Comment