Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Treats

I've always loved Halloween. In elementary school, I remember getting all dressed up and parading down the street with the whole school. The principal was at the head of the parade and each grade followed in a line behind her. At night, we would go to the huge halloween carnival at the school, then hit the town for trick-or-treat. The older I got, the less enthused I was about Halloween, but in high school, we had spirit week right around halloween. So, everyone would be dressed up for different spirit days during the week. Halloween is so much more magical as a child. I had so much fun this year and felt like I was young again. I love seeing the enjoyment in Madisyn's eyes and I can't wait to regain a bit of my innocence through her childhood experiences.



Anyways, we had a blast trick-or-treating in cute downtown Snohomish. We were a "farm family." I was a cat, David a farmer & Madisyn was the cutest cow ever! David put his little cow in his overalls and walked down the street. At each little shop, Madisyn would flash her priceless smile and melt the hearts of everyone there. She gets so much attention everywhere we go! She could be a garbage man for halloween and she'd still get ooo'd and awe'd at. Lets just say David and I got LOTS of candy :) Way to go Madi girl! Afterwords, we came home to grab a bite to eat. Then, headed off to the SHS football game. We had a great time and we won 49 to 48. What a awesome game! It was late when we got home, so Madi went to bed and the rest of us watched a movie. What a great 1st halloween for our little cutie pie!

The weekend before halloween was our ward's party. We had a great dinner and each family brought a dessert. I wanted to make something more than cookies or brownies, so I looked on one of my favorite recipe sites and got this awesome recipe for "Carmel Apple Bars". Lets just say, it was a hit. The pic above is all that was left in the whole pan! Yay for me. Thanks Perry's Plate! After dinner we had a costume contest and Madi was nominated for 2 categories! Then, we trick-or-treated around the classrooms. Fun time!

8 comments:

Sam said...

Alexia got us lots of candy too. Horray for cute babies! ...This Halloween was fun but I think each year will get better as the girls get more involved and excited.

The Odermott's said...

She is the cutiest cow I have ever seen. :)

Anonymous said...

She IS the cutest cow I've ever seen. How fun! I'm glad you guys had a great time. Last year Mallory was a chicken and Wes and I were farmers. That's the best. Glad you had a great Halloween.

Sarah said...

Soooo cute! I'm going to have to try that recipe. You know she's my friend right? Natalie (Perry) is my VT companion. Her recipes are sooooo good! If you like Curry, coconut chicken curry with pineapple is way good.

Jana said...

what cute costumes!

Thanks for the comment! I finally got CDs over the weekend, so I'll be sending you those pictures today! Hopefully they'll get there quick!

Lore Smart said...

Such cute pics and i totally agree that you get to relive the excitement of Halloween all over again with your own kids. So much fun.

Jana said...

Chelsi, I'm SOO glad you like them! Aren't you glad we met up for a Round 2? You'll have to take some pictures once you get some printed out so I can see how you put them together!

And thanks again for being so patient! I seriously had all the photos edited 2 days after we took them because I was just so excited to dive into them, but then I kept forgetting to get CDs!

Kerri said...

oh my gosh, chelsi your family is soooo cute. man you have grown up!!! you all look so good. where are you living? do you mind if i add you to my blog list?? visit our blog!!

Post a Comment