So, I've been taking an awesome photography workshop for the past 6 weeks. I'm so sad that it's almost over, but I've learned so much! I'll post some of my assignments sometime soon, but I did get the opportunity to put some of the things I've learned to practice. This wonderful family is always wiling to have some pictures taken for the sake of my practicing :) I really love the way these turned out!
I'll let you in on a little secret...promise not to tell. Before this workshop I was just taking LOTS of shots at different settings and hoping that I would get some great ones somewhere in there. The longer the workshop has gone on, the more I realize that when I first started I really didn't know anything about photography other than composition. I knew how I wanted the photo to look, but I had NO idea how to get there. I just did a lot of guess and check, which isn't the best way to go about being a photographer. I'm not saying that I know everything about photography, because lets face it, there's always something new to learn. Techniques and technology are always changing and improving, but I feel like I have all the tools I need to get the best picture I can get every time. I love that I am in control of the outcome and I don't have to just guess and hope things just turn out. When I first started thinking about really diving into photography I thought it would be something fun as well as a way to bring in some extra income when the hubby's at grad school. It has really become so much more than that for me. It's my creative outlet. I've always wanted to be really good at something artsy or crafty. I enjoy painting and sewing and crafts, but only every once in awhile when I'm in the mood. I've never really had a passion for anything until now. I am so excited to continue learning and growing in what has really become something I'm so proud of. I love it!
I update my photography website often so be sure and check it out! Let me know what you think. I never want to stop learning. I need all the input and feedback I can get :) There's a link on my sidebar or you can click here.
Oh and Stefanie, I don't think I ever said thank you for your idea about my name. I really love it and I would have probably never thought of that. CGreen just fits and it's perfect. Way to go! THANKS SO MUCH!









4 comments:
I love it too! Glad I thought of it. Now you need to think of a clever one for me. =o) I love that picture. I'll have to take a look at the rest of your work. Sounds like a wonderful workshop. Way to go!
love the picture....sounds like an awesome class....i'm jealous!
Thank you so much again. You are such an awesome friend and you already are such an awesome photographer. Maybe I should get you to sign some pictures for me, they will probably be worth a lot of money someday :)
Can wait to see what you've learned!
Post a Comment