....don't mix!
So....today Madi and I were having so much fun just hanging out at home. I got the bright idea to paint Madisyn's toenials and fingernails. I got out a towel and put it under her feet to protect the carpet of course. We got all ten toenails and five of her fingernails all sparkly pink. Then something HORRIBLE happened! The bottle of polish tipped over and missed the towel. OH NO! In my panic I ran to the computer and searched "how to remove nail polish from carpet". The first thing that stood out was to keep it wet. So, I poured water over it and started dabbing. I ran back to the computer and kept reading. After using just about every suggestion on there the stain was 90% gone. That's good, but not good enough. I put Madi down for her nap (poor thing was so confused why mommy was all of a sudden all flustered and was probably wondering why she still had five fingernails unpainted). Never the less she went to bed. I read a few more suggestions and tried the final cleaning product which worked like a charm. WINDOW CLEANER! The windex took the rest of the stain out and you can't even tell that I had a knucklehead moment while sitting on my in-law's carpet. OH THANK YOU SEARCH ENGINE AND WINDEX! Lesson learned. Don't use nail polish while sitting on the carpet especially when it's not YOUR carpet...and if you do then use windex to get it out :)









4 comments:
Your situation sounds a lot like my life right now, just a tad different. Since we moved here I am searching the internet on how get the smell out of sinks, the best way to carpet clean, how to clean a toilet that looks like it hasn't been scrubbed in five years...and the list goes on. P.S. for future reference Martha Stewart has a lot of good ideas.
You're smart for looking online. I would have just tried nail polish remover and probably ruined my carpet. Good to know - I'm sure I'll need the windex someday soon. =o)
That is really good to know. The girls have been loving fingernail polish lately so I'm sure that this tip will come in very handy :)
We've had many a close call in our home....
Post a Comment