Thursday, January 28, 2010

4 Years

Exactly one week ago, David and I celebrated 4 years of marriage. I wanted so badly to post something the day of, but I figured spending time with him was more important than talking about him on my blog. . So, you get to hear about it now :)

We had a WONDERFUL (all caps) weekend! All I wanted was to get away over night. I just wanted to have a room with just him and I. We agreed to skip the gift giving part and put that money towards a memorable weekend away.

4th_anniversary_0066 web
Excited to rediscover us :)

4th_anniversary_0067 web4th_anniversary_0069 web
We stayed at the Courtyard Marriot in Kirkland. (it was about a 20 minute drive, but it was perfect)

We checked into the hotel and about a minute later, my stomach was growling. Luckily Olive Garden was literally right across the street. So, we ran over there and shared a delicious dinner.

Afterword, we came back to the hotel for some swimming and relaxing time. It was so nice to not have a schedule and just do whatever we felt like.

4th_anniversary_0070 web
That same night, we had tickets to see Avitar in IMAX 3D in Seattle. The show started at 10:45 pm and it was sold out! We reserved our tickets online the weekend before. That was the only time open. Crazy! We didn't have a schedule. So, we said why not? We can sleep in :)

4th_anniversary_0073 web
It was a great movie. Even if it wasn't, it was just so nice to sit there and hold hands with no distractions.

4th_anniversary_0003 web
The next morning, we woke up and went down to the lobby to find a breakfast buffet unlike anything I've ever had. David said "now this is my kind of vacation". I agree.

After we checkout out, we headed a mile down the road to the Kirkland waterfront. It was a little chilly, but it was so peaceful and beautiful.


4th_anniversary_0007 web
Thank you self timer :)

4th_anniversary_0010 web


4th_anniversary_0019 web


4th_anniversary_0025 web
Later on that day, we went to Seattle to see the Ballard Locks. By that time, the sun was shining and it was a gorgeous day! This is where the ships come in from the ocean and they raise the water level to let them cross into Lake Washington. It was pretty amazing how fast they can fill it up. Pretty neat learning experience.

4th_anniversary_0051 web
David is standing my the dam at the locks.

4th_anniversary_0058 web
Proof that we were there. haha

4th_anniversary_0012 web
I can't say enough, how wonderful it was to just enjoy us.

Here's to year 5!


6 comments:

Camille English said...

Chris and I have done a few overnight hotel dates. They are the best!

Lore Smart said...

Beautiful couple! what a great getaway for the both of you. Congrats to 4 years Chelsi and David! Loved the pictures. You look so happy and in love and I LOVE seeing couples who have that after years of marriage. Marriage is all about having fun and enjoying life with your best friend and I can totally tell you both have that! Heres to Forever for the both of you!

Celeste said...

I'm so glad that you had such a wonderful time with your hubby. I still can't believe that you've been married 5 years though. Crazy how fast time flys. Oh and I love your new header!

The Andersens said...

It's crazy that 4 years have flown by! Year 5 here we come! I'm glad you guys had a nice weekend together!

Pamela Brown said...

Too cute, you guys are such a wonderful couple. Looks like you guys had a romantic, fun and relaxing anniversery :)

I love all of your posts. I bet the girls love you in young womens, that is a really good calling for you.

Looks like everything in the Greenwood homw is going well :) Miss you guys!!!

Lena said...

What a fun get away! I love the pictures, your pictures always turn out so amazing. I'm glad you could have time to yourself to celebrate.

Post a Comment