Thursday, January 28, 2010

Young Women

Since the beginning of the year, I have been serving in the Young Women's organization at church. I was called as the Young Women's Personal Progress Leader as well as the Ward Girls Camp Director.

Honestly, I was so excited to receive the call! I have been in Primary for quite some time and this is a very refreshing change. David is in Young Mens and Kathy (my mother in law) is the Young Women's President. I couldn't ask for a more wonderful group of people to serve with, could I?

We have a wonderful group of girls who are so strong. I look up to them. Honestly, they are light years ahead of where I was at their age. It is so amazing to see these girls "stand for truth and righteousness".

We had a great activity a few weeks ago. It was titled "Personal Progress Poluck Pizza Pajama Party". We had lots of treats that started with "P" and everyone wore pajamas. We made "personal progress pockets". That's the cleaver name we came up with. Basically it's a cloth booklet holder. It has a place for a personal progress book, the journal, a pen, and a for the strength of youth booklet. They turned out so cute!!

DSC_0541_0033 e


DSC_0544_0036 e
I am loving getting to know these girls :)

1 comments:

Lore Smart said...

What a perfect calling for you Chelsi. Im sure they absolutely love you! What a fun activity!

Post a Comment