Thursday, January 14, 2010

A new addition....

is scheduled to arrive on September 14, 2010. (knowing my babies so far, it'll probably be more like the 24th. we'll see.)
Layout 1


Just a few details on the matter:

Yes, this baby was planned, but it was still a surprise :)

Two weeks after David finally agreed to trying for baby #2, a bun was in the oven.

I had a really strong feeling that I was pregnant, but there was that little thought in the back of my mind that said "don't trick yourself into believing that just because you REALLY want it."

So, I kept that feeling to myself and two weeks (or so) later, the results were in.

Madi and I were the only ones home.

I grabbed her and swung her around. I told her that she's going to be a big sister and that there's a baby in mommy's tummy.

She didn't really know what was going on, but she did know that mommy was overly excited about something.

She squealed with joy for my sake. It was pretty precious!

About 5 minutes later I whipped out the video camera and started shooting, with no intentions of recording our new discovery.

I was just enjoying my Madi doing her cute stuff and the rest played out just like you see in the video.

When David got home I called him upstairs and told him he "had to see this video I made of Madi today."

Of course he was more than happy to take a minute to watch it despite his muddy boots and concreat covered face.

I pushed play and watched his smile grow as he adored his little girl.

"Madi is going to be a big sister" changed all of that.

His face went pale and serious. The only words he could spit out were "how do you know?"

Oh I wish I would have had the camera rolling for that one. Priceless.

Needless to say he was very happy....shocked and paralyzed, but happy :)

We told our families by showing them the video on SKYPE that night.


With all that being said....I'm going to look like this in about a month (i show really soon) and I couldn't be more happy about it :)
100_1433

Oh, and I got a midwife this time! I am so happy about that. I think it will be wonderful. My appointment is next wednesday. I'll let you know how it goes! (by the way, you're probably going to hear way more than you want to about this pregnancy. i really like to keep a record of the going ons of my prego months. you can skip through whatever you want. i won't even notice. promise.)

6 comments:

Camille English said...

Congratulations! It sounds like you two are a lot like Chris and I with getting pregnant, it seems all he had to do was look at me and I was pregnant once we decided to "try".

THE GROWS said...

Congratulaitons. That is really exciting. So how far apart will they be?

Anonymous said...

So wonderful! Congrats! I can't wait to hear all about your pregnancy. I love being pregnant - and I love talking about it and all things babies. =o) Hope you feel good - rest when you can .. #2 is draining cause you're running after baby #1 all day!

Chelsi said...

thank you!!!!

madi and baby will be 2 1/12 years apart. perfect!

Bridget said...

Congratulations! Where does your midwife practice? I have birthed 3 of mine with midwives and 2 of them were home births. I love love love my midwife.

Pamela Brown said...

I am so happy for you. I know that you wanted another, I'm glad that David gave in ;) Just kidding!!! I am excited to hear all about your pregnancy!!!

Post a Comment