See for yourself...
It's been about 3 weeks now since Madi turned 2.
TWO? How did we get here so fast?
I have really enjoyed every moment of it.
She has her moments and sometimes those moments may last a day or two, but honestly she is such a joy. I catch myself wondering how David and I are so blessed that heavenly Father would send such a choice daughter of God to us, with all our imperfections. We had the opportunity this past weekend to watch General Conference. One of the talks stated that motherhood and fatherhood are the only callings in this life that we will never be released from. I felt so overwhelmed with emotion just thinking about Madi and the other spirit children that are waiting to come to David and I. What a amazingly wonderful responsibility.
With that said, I have been a mother for a little more than 2 years and I couldn't be more proud of my 2 year old.
We had a few different celebrations for her.
While in California, we celebrated with my family. It looked something like this...
Opening presents is just too exciting!

...but not as exciting as birthday cards! (seriously she LOVES cards)
That about sums that up :)
We got home from Cali the night before her actual birthday.
In the morning, she woke up to the Greenwood family birthday tradition of breaking through the birthday ribbon across the bedroom door. She didn't quite get it as you can see. haha
Oh well, crawling under it works too! The birthday girl in all her morning glory :)
Madi and I went to good ol McDonalds play place for some "chicken, fry frys (french fires), apples, and yuice (apple juice)". She had a blast. There happened to be a little 2 yr old boy there and they played and played. It was great!
Wednesday (that was the 17th) nights are really quite busy in the Greenwood household. In fact it's the busiest night of the week. We barely get everyone at the same table for dinner before some leave for scouts, and others (including David and I) leave for mutual (young mens & young womens). No one gets home till after 8 and Madi goes to bed pretty much the minute we get home. That doesn't leave much time for birthday celebrating.
Luckily, the next night was completely free for everyone. So, we had a grand celebration. It looked something like this...
We had a feast fit for a 2 year old princess! Hot dogs, fresh pineapple, chips, broccoli salad, and milk :)
Present time! Stickers are her obsession at the moment.
There were lots of dollies and there was even more PINK!
Love my family!!!
Madi isn't a big cake fan, but she happens to love ice cream cones. So, it was a no brainer when it came to a birthday dessert fit for my Madi Princess.
Make a wish!
That's one happy kiddo!
Thanks to all who made her special day (or should we say days) so memorable!!!
























3 comments:
What a precious little girl Madi is. I LOVE the pic of her after she just woke up...my fave. It is crazy how fast time flies....I remember celebrating her 1st bday last year....seems like just days ago. What a perfect little family you have Chelsi...you are such a cute mom! I can't WAIT to find out what this next little baby is....a boy? a girl? You look so GREAT prego Chelsi. Hope ur feelin well, and of course....I think of your often ; ) Smiles and hugs!
I really can't believe it either!! Our babies are girls now, soon they'll be teenagers, wow! love the fun pictures!
What a little princess! Two years old, time flies! I love the wild morning hair, lol, how do kids do that? I'm glad you guys could take a trip to CA and take advantage of Madisyn flying free one last time, smart idea!
Post a Comment