Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Road Trip

Well I just have to say...we made it!

This is going to sound like a bunch of random thoughts put together. Sorry if you're totally lost by the end of this post.

14 hours straight in the car with a 2 year old and a 5 month old (in my belly) can be a little daunting, but I'm happy to say it all came together quite nicely. Well, besides my REALLY swollen feet the day we got home...but that's all better now. Oh and when we got home I unpacked all the suitcases completely right away. That's a big deal!


As for the trip itself, it was lovely. The weather was gorgeous (except on the wedding day). Figures hu? Tons of family was there. Madi and I always had cozy beds to sleep in. David joined us half way through the week and that was wonderful!

Utah Trip 2010_0328

David and I lived in Utah the first year of our marriage. It was fun to go back and do some major reminiscing. We ate at some favorite places that I've been craving for 3 years now. Can you way CAFE RIO?! Oh my that place is to die for. We shopped at some of the best thrift stores in the US and got some great stuff!

Utah Trip 2010_0127

My best friend Tricia and her little boy Wesley came half way through the week. Madi and I were very happy about that. Madi and Wesley are about 5 months apart and up until this point, they've never been on the same page. They just never hit it off. This time was totally different. It was so fun to watch them play. Madisyn would walk all over the place saying "wessy wessy". I love it! They had a bath together, they danced, held hands, played, ate, and shared toys together. I don't think daddy would ever let that happen on a first date again. (especially the bath part :) It was so cute though!

Utah Trip 2010_0138

Utah Trip 2010_0307


We got to go to the temple twice! Once for Brittani's endowment's and once for the wedding. It was much needed for me and guess what? I still fit into my temple dress :) Not for long though :( Oh and this is totally random, but if you are looking for some great garment bottoms, I have some that will save your life. Seriously they are wonderful! They are called Carinessa II (as in the number 2). That's all I'm going to say because of the sacredness of the matter.

Utah Trip 2010_0061


Speaking of the temple.....the wedding was beautiful, of course AND I got to start my wedding portfolio! Very exciting. Go check out my photography blog if you haven't lately. I have a new sister and she is wonderful. She makes Ryan very happy. What more could you ask for?

Ryan & Brittani Wedding_06 web wm


We went to this really awesome Rec Center in Bountiful the last day we were there and we had an absolute blast! I was so busy having a great time that I didn't pull out my camera once. Darn! I think my sister took some pics. Celeste can I snag those from you? Thanks! I got to see my sister and her hubby (and her very prego belly) almost every day while we were there. It was awesome!

Utah Trip 2010_0358

There are more pics were these came from...click here.


Pretty much it was wonderful! We had a great time and it went way too fast. Good thing I get to go back (flying this time) in 1 month to meet that sweet baby girl in my sister's belly and celebrate her hubby's commissioning into the Navy!


*Oh and stay tuned for the continuation of the house saga. You are in for one big twist :)

3 comments:

The Andersens said...

So much fun! I'm so glad we came. Wes and Madi were adorable together! It was great to see my best friend too! Isn't it great that we're related!

Beth Tunnell said...

The wedding pictures are beautiful! You are an awesome photographer, Chelsi. And I cannot wait to hear what is going on with the house!

Lore Smart said...

What a GREAT trip. I love those wedding photos Chelsi. You do such a perfect job!!!! Lovin that little baby bump, it is fun to see you prego...you look so totally cute. How fun to go thrift shopping at some great stores...Love your attitude on life and all those fun moments you capture on film.

Post a Comment