See that little countdown on the right side of my blog?
It says 0 days to go. Today is due day.
With Madisyn I went 10 days past my due date. Because of that, I wasn't expecting to be early or even on time with this pregnancy. I have been pretty laid back about nesting and getting ready besides the whole moving to a new home. That's keeping me busy enough.
With Madi I had braxton hicks, but until I was really in labor I never had 1 painful contraction.
Well, yesterday I started having contractions around 11 am and they were uncomfortable, but totally bearable. I was able to just distract myself with housework and conversation and I was just fine. Every now and then I would get one that was sharp, but nothing was really hospital worthy. That's how everything started out with Madi too, but within a few hours I was serious and focused. 35 hours later, after hard labor the entire time and 3 hours of pushing she was here.
This time around, the contractions never got intense. They just stayed pretty much the same all day and then tapered off almost completely last night. I slept and was only awakened a few times by a sharp one here and there. This morning, they were almost non existent. My first reaction was frustration. I wanted them to get hard and close together and get this baby out. That feeling was shortly replaced by gratitude.
Gratitude that I finally get the hint that whether she comes today, or 10 days from now, she's coming and I need to be ready.
Since yesterday I've....
- registered online at the hospital
- got some bill paying done
- got all the laundry caught up
- unpacked and sorted through boxes
- made and printed my birth plan
- packed my hospital bag
- packed madi's "overnight at grandma's" bag
- charged all the camera batteries
- did a bunch of cleaning and organizing
- and just pretty much got all my ducks in a row (so to speak)
There's always something to be done and it feels so good to know that at least these things can get checked off of my list. I know I won't have the energy for awhile after this baby comes. Heavenly father is giving me a nice little push in the right direction and for that I am grateful.
I also really get the feeling that my body is really getting ready for this baby. I have been having contractions on and off for a week or 2 now. At my appointment last week, I had my midwife check me and I was at a 2. I am hoping that all these pre-labor contractions mean that my "real labor" won't be as long. It took me 30 hours of pretty intense labor to get to a 3 with Madi. Since yesterday I can feel that my body has not stopped "getting ready". I don't go more than 30 minutes without a contraction or 2 and I know they are getting me ready. I hope to be at a 3 or 4 when the more intense "I need to really focus" labor starts. That would be so wonderful!
I have an appointment this Wednesday. So, if there's no baby by then, I will get to see if all these contractions have progressed me any further.
Anyways, there you have it. My due date is today and I'm in the very beginning stages of labor. It could last a few days, or get really intense really fast. Who knows? All I know is, I'm having a baby soon and I couldn't be more excited!
Now if only we could decide on a name for this princess....








2 comments:
I hope this baby isn't 10 days late, with 30+ hours of labor and pushing. You deserve a nice and easy labor and delivery. But I am glad that you got everything ready. Can't wait to see this new baby!!!
I am so excited for you sis! I'm glad that you were able to get so much done before your little one comes too. It really makes things a lot easier :) I can't wait to see my new neice!
Post a Comment