Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Great Find

I really wanted a changing table, but I didn't want to spend the money and I wanted it to have drawers. I did a lot of garage sale and craigslist shopping and finally found this little gem. Not bad for 10 bucks?

Aug 2010_0209
Before.....



Aug 2010_0201
It needed lots of sanding.


DSC_2282
Primer and more sanding. Then, painting. (Papa put some elbow grease into it too.)


And.........

DSC_2559
Here you have it!
Don't you love it? I sure do. Can't wait to change a little newborn bum on here :)

I should mention that I won't get to use this for Madisyn. We are officially potty training right now. It's been two days and that is a whole other post to come.


Aug 2010_0209DSC_2559

Here's the before and after. Oh and the white handles came on it originally. Didn't even have to buy those. I'd say our repurposing project was a success.

There's one more project I can't wait to post about. Unfortunately the before pictures are still on David's phone. It's all coming soon though.

Pretty much all of our furniture was purchased on craigslist or a garage sale. Watch for a post with all the great things we got.

7 comments:

Kerri said...

soooo cute, i love to repurpose things!! You should add a little basket for dirty clothes in the opening.....love it!

Celeste said...

That turned out so cute! I can't wait to see your other finds :)

Pamela Brown said...

I love it!!!!!!! Very good eye Chelsi and good work David, it looks great. Wow you guys have been busy. I forgot that you guys sold everything when you left EBurg. I bet it is nice to have your own place again. Love the pictures of both you and Madi, you guys look so cute :) Miss you guys!!!

Kristin Ann said...

i love it!! furniture projects are my new fav.. and I came on here hoping for a new baby picture! Your 38 week pictures are awesome, I can't wait to have a belly that big :) (not prego as of now, hopefully soon!) anyways, I'm excited for you!

Lore Smart said...

CHESLI!!!!

first off, great job with your new changing table...great idea and it turned out super cute.

You look so cute prego...even at 38 weeks. Can't wait to see pics of that precious baby in your tummy.

Congrats on a new place to settle...so nice to have your own space.

Thinking of you...I'm amazed at all your changes with being 38 weeks pregnant. Hats off to you sista.

Hope the delivery is SPEEEDY this time around. Excited for you and your sweet family. Hugs.

Lore

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love it! What a find1

Sam said...

Love the craftiness and thriftiness! And I am so excited to see pictures of your place. And I want to hear all about potty training. I want to know what I'll be getting into soon. PS I think you're brave/crazy for try the whole potty training thing just days before your due date. Good luck!

Post a Comment