Friday, October 29, 2010

October in a nutshell...

Hello out there.

Has it really been a month since my last post? I was getting pretty overwhelmed with how behind I'm getting. Is it really a big deal if I don't blog very often? Yes. This is my journal. I am horrible at journal writing, but this is my little book of remembrance. One day I'll actually get it printed out. That's the plan anyways. So with that said, here's our whirlwind of an October so far. It's been great!!
Madi painting-1_blog

Madisyn has become quite the artist. She loves to color and she does an amazing job of staying in the lines for a 2 year old. Being artistic and creative just comes naturally to her. I went out and got her some watercolors and she is totally eating it up! (not literally) She paints at least once a day. I just love watching her learn and grow. She amazes me!
petting zoo blog
Conference weekend was so fulfilling. We got to hear some wonderful talks. I just love conference! In between the two Saturday sessions, we went to a petting zoo/pumpkin patch nearby. Madisyn needed to get out after being cooped up for conference. We had a great time!

michael_homecoming_blog
The following Tuesday we had the pleasure of meeting one of our favorite missionaries at the airport to welcome him home. He is such an amazing young man. Houston Texas will miss him dearly. Love you Michael!

celeste arrives blog
Just a week after that, my sister and her little cutie pie came to visit us from Florida! They came for Marlie's' blessing, but they were here for almost a week. I loved having girl time with my sister and watching the cousins interact was so much fun!

zoo trip 10 blog
While Celeste was here we took a trip to the zoo. The weather looked pretty promising when we got there, and before we knew it, it was pouring rain. We still had so much fun. We were a little...ok REALLY wet by the time we were done, but the kids were nice and cozy in their strollers. That's all that matters right? Happy kids = happy mommies :)

frozen yogurt blog
My family arrived from California on Friday night and we all took a quick walk across the street from our place to grab some frozen yogurt. I grew up going to the local frozen yogurt place where we lived. There's nothing like going to the ice cream shop with my family. It will always hold such fond memories. Thanks guys!

g:f soccer game blog
The next morning, we made some breakfast burritos, scarfed down a few donuts and headed to the local high school for a game of soccer with mine and David's families. What a fun way to start the day! It was a good warm up for our next activity.

seattle trip 10 blog
We all came home, got dressed up and headed for Seattle. We hit all the "tourist attractions". We spent some time at the top of the Space Needle, checked out the EMP, rode the monorail, hit up Pikes Place, and had dinner and the oh so wonderful "Crab Pot". It was the cherry on the top of a really great day.



*Insert Sunday here.
A very important day in my life. The day my little angel Marlie was blessed. There was so much family and we had another very full, but very perfect day. It was so good that I decided it deserves its own post. Soon to come!*

celeste last day blog
Most of my family left the night of Marlie's blessing, but we got to keep Celeste and Evelyn a little longer. This is just a peek at our last day's adventures.



Well, there you have it. The first half of October :) Now for the second half. We'll see how long it takes me to get that up :)

I just haven't figured out how to be a mommy of a 2 year old, a 1 month old AND blog at the same time.  Any suggestions?




3 comments:

Celeste said...

I had so much fun hanging out with you guys too! We'll denfinitely have to do it again.

Sam said...

Sounds like a fun month! I can't wait to hear what else you've been up to!

Pamela Brown said...

Wow you have been busy!!!! But it looks like it has been a lot of fun. You look amazing by the way :) I am glad that you posted but make sure your two little cuttie pies come first and then you can blog :) Take care!!!

Post a Comment