Saturday, April 30, 2011

Mommy I have something for you...

Sometimes those words mean something really cute or funny is about to happen, and other times it means that Madi has done something...shall we say...naughty!

On Friday morning when I got home from some church business, I heard these words.

The scene that followed went something like this:

Madi handed me a ziplock sandwitch bag with something odd inside.
It took a second for me to realize what I was holding in my hand....
Hair. Yes, a bag of my girl's hair.

This is what I saw...
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

She just pretty much took the scissors and started chiopping bits and pieces here and there. Lovely.


I freaked out just a little bit....ok more than a little bit.

I didn't really know what to do.

Once I regained my common sense, it was a no brainer. It's time for a her first REAL hair cut!

Ok, don't tell Madi this, but secretly I've been wanting to do some kind of an A-line bob hair cut on her for the past couple of months. Her hair always looks kind of unkempt lately. Even when I take the time to do it, she manages to get it all messed up one way or another. Well, this gave me the push I needed to do it! Seriously though, do not tell Madisyn. After the time out and the long talks and the locking up of all the scissors in the house, and all the extra drama that went into making sure she knows that she made a bad choice, I don't want her thinking "mommy wanted to cut my hair short anyways and I just helped her make her decision more quickly". That won't look so great for my case :)

I called the one and only Tenille Osborn and we were set!

The transformation...

PhotobucketPhotobucket
We put on a movie and it was the perfect distraction. She held still pretty much the whole time. Yay!


Photobucket
There goes my baby's hair!


PhotobucketPhotobucket
Getting all styled up!


Photobucket
Loving every minute of it!


Photobucket
Isn't she stylin!

I am in LOVE.


Photobucket

So, the moral of the story is:
Don't cut your own hair...but if you do...your mom will make sure that your hair will be cuter than ever by the time you're done.

All is well that ends well right?

We're all smiles here :)

4 comments:

Sam said...

I haven't introduced Lexi to scissors yet for fear of her cutting her own hair or (GASP) Avery's. I cut my own hair SEVERAL times as a little girl, only I did WAY more damage than Madi. I never turned out so cute! I'm in love with her new style. I'm been thinking about cutting Lexi's hair but am still unsure.

Lena said...

I just LOVE her hair...it reminds me of the little girl in All Dogs Go To Heaven....just the cutest hair-do for a little girl, in my opinion.

Katherine Mortenson Weller said...

A.DOR.A.BLE!

Pamela Brown said...

OH my goodness I love it!!! She looks so grown up. Sometimes those things can always be hard at first but then they always work out. She looks so cute.

Post a Comment