Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Two Great Finds

As babies get older, they need more toys and things to keep them entertained and help them develop. The swing used to be enough to keep Madisyn preoccupied long enough for me to get something done, but not anymore! I've been looking at different bouncers and play mats, but they are so expensive. So, I went to the local Goodwill and found these. They are great and Madisyn loves them. Thank goodness for second hand stores!

Here's the Fisher Price play mat that was...$2.99! It can be used in three different ways and it's so adorable and colorful. It didn't come with any toys to hang from it, but I already had some rings you can connect. So, I just hung some toys we already have and it works perfectly!

Madi loves tummy time with this thing, cus there's so much to keep her entertained. I just put a blanket under the arches for mow, cus I haven't gotten a chance to throw the mat in the washer that came with it.

One of my friends was telling me how her son loves the Ocean Wonders aquarium she got him, and I thought Madisyn would enjoy it too. I looked to see how much they were and decided it wasn't worth it at the time. A few days after I found the play mat, I went back to see if they had a walker, jumper, or something like that and I found this Ocean Wonders for...$2.99! I was so excited cus it's in really good condition and it works perfectly. It plays like 10 different songs, lights up, and bubbles come up from the bottom. Madisyn stares at that thing and can't get enough of it. It gives me time to pick up the room and make the bed. Yay!

4 comments:

Sam said...

You are one amazing shopper! I try to look for good deals online because our thrift store is so picked over because of all the college kids.

Anonymous said...

I think thrift stores are the best place to buy stuff for kids! I love it! I buy a lot of clothes for Mallory at Thrift Town here in Fremont and at the rate that she grows through clothes, I don't feel bad throwing them out when she's stained them so bad or whatever. It's awesome! I'm glad you've found some good stuff.

Sarah said...

I love seeing bargains other people find, especially from the thrift store. We buy all of Asher's clothes at Thrift Town too (Fremont, and sometimes San Leandro). Does your goodwill have a section of unused Target stuff? I found at the ones out here they do, Target must donate the stuff that stays on clearance, or returns that don't sell.

Katie Bolton said...

niiiiiiice! :) I love good deals like that!
-katie

Post a Comment