Wow! Vacation sure can wear you out (in a good way). We had a very full, but fun holiday break. We got to see so many relatives and my sister and her husband were there too! We drove to Malta Idaho, population 171, with David's parents in their motor home. Lets just say it took a little longer to get there than we had planned (16 hours), but we all made it safe and very tired in the end. We all got a good sleep only to wake up early to help out with Thanksgiving dinner. My mother in law prepared a cajun deep fried turkey and that was by far the best I've EVER had! Madisyn had her own first Thanksgiving feast of mashed potatoes and yams...yummy! We ate our feast around 1:00, did a little clean up and relaxing. Then the boys played basket ball while the girls went to a cute little craft show, where I picked up this "home" sign! Thanks Kathy :) Afterwords, mostly everyone went to set up for Natalie (David's cousin) and Max's wedding reception. I stayed at home with Madisyn, because unfortunately she was pretty sick (that's why her nose looks pretty nasty and shiny in all the picks above) with a nasty head cold. I've never seen her that sick and it was so sad. Traveling is hard for babies cus it throws off their schedules. Anyways, the lack of sleep and traveling caught up with me that night too. When David got home he said he didn't feel very well either! One big sick family! Oh, well we all slept very well that night. We woke up nice and early to make our way to Twin Falls for the sealing. We were in the largest sealing room the church has. It held about 70 people and there wasn't an empty seat. It was so neat. Here's the happy couple! Aren't they gorgeous. Congrats Natalie and Max! After some very windy pictures, we headed to the mall to kill some time before the luncheon. When all was said and done we headed back to Malta (that's where we stayed). Then, it was off to the reception, which was simply beautiful. The highlight of the night had to be when my dear friend Trish and her little family got there! She has been my best friend since 9th grade (she is also David's cousin, that's how David and I met) and I hadn't seen her since last December. She had never even met my little Madi till then. It was so much fun to see our kids playing with each other. The next day we all slept in and had a huge breakfast, packed up, then off we went on our trip home. We made much better time, despite the fact that we stopped at "Wingers", which is a restaurant that David worked at in Utah and he is in love with it. That is not an exaggeration! That was probably the highlight for him of this whole trip :) Silly goose. So, in the end we made it home safe and sound. What a great vacation full of family, friends and lots of fun!
It looks like you had fun. Malta! I went there when I was going to your wedding. We love Max! He was Sean's roommate when we were engaged. Natalie is one lucky lady!
I love your new header and background. You are so talented. Sounds like you guys had a very busy trip. Thanks again for the yummy brownies,that was so sweet of you.
4 comments:
Bryce and I really enjoyed being able to be with you guys for Thanksgiving. We had so much.
We can't wait to see you guys for Christmas.
It looks like you had fun. Malta! I went there when I was going to your wedding. We love Max! He was Sean's roommate when we were engaged. Natalie is one lucky lady!
Hey Chelsea! I found your blog through Celeste's. Your little girl is SO cute! Congratulations! I'm glad you had a fun Thanksgiving!
I love your new header and background. You are so talented. Sounds like you guys had a very busy
trip. Thanks again for the yummy brownies,that was so sweet of you.
Post a Comment