I love looking at craft blogs. There are so many wonderful ideas out there.
I am finding that I have a ever growing list of things I want to make or repurpose. So, I started with something simple and much needed.
I have a bunch of ribbon. Why not put it to good use?
Aren't they cute?!
All you need is:
. ribbon
. buttons (or something for the center if you wish)
. a needle and thread
. a hot glue gun (to secure the embellishment in the middle)
. a lighter/matches (to keep the ends of the ribbon from fraying)
Here's a video tutorial . You only need to watch the first 3:30 minutes to make the flower.
You pretty much just do a simple running stitch along the very edge of one side of the ribbon and pull the thread tight to gather your flower. Then, you tie it off. There's not really much more to it. You can get creative with how you decorate the outside or the center. The sky is the limits with this one really. That's what I love about it.
You could attach them to a purse or shirt (anything really). I just attached them to clips for Madi's hair. I really needed some smaller bows/flowers for her hair and these are perfect!!
Happy creating :)









4 comments:
ADORABLE!!! Perfect idea for little piggies or even just one pony tail. Thanks for the tutorial Chelsi...Can't wait to try making some : ) Yours turned out so cute....love the idea.
Those are so cute! Do you want to come to a craft night some girls are putting together here in Monroe? Our entire theme is flowers! We're making zipper flowers (I am so in love with them!) some felt flowers, fringed, and singed flowers. Yours are so adorable, too! I think I may have to check out that video.
that would be so awesome beth! when is it? i will take any chance i can get to craft and get out :) do i need to bring anything? let me know!
Oh my gosh! Those are so darn cute! I am going to make some as soon as I...get the time ?!? Thanks for posting!
Post a Comment