With all the new things going on right now, I've been feeling very excited mixed with feelings of being anxious and unsure. I'm sure my fuse has been a little shorter toward my little princess lately. She's so curious and questions EVERYTHING. If she's not questioning it with her words, she's busy exploring it (getting into it...making a mess). I don't think it helps that I'm less than 3 weeks from giving birth to another one of Heavenly Father's little princesses.
How am I going to set up a new house, keep that new house in order, give Madi all the love and attention she needs, give baby all the attention she'll need, cook dinner, run a business, make time for myself, make time for David and I, and everything else that goes along with all the rolls I play right now? The only way it'll all work out is by including the Lord. I know that. It's a no brainer. It's so much easier said than done. I need to recommit to reading my scriptures and praying regularly. That's the only way I can find joy in all these wonderful things I have. It just gets to be way too much without Him.
I am so blessed.
David the love of my life.
Madisyn the most wonderful princess any momma could ever ask for and more.
A brand new baby girl to smother with love and cuddles.
A new place to live. A fresh start.
A new ward filled with young families to support one another.
My testimony. The gospel.
My family.
My friends.
That's just the beginning of the list.
I love where I am in my life right now. It's really tough sometimes, but the blessings far outweigh the struggles.
I just have to keep reminding myself of that.
Here's to finding all that joy that's to be found in "momma hood".









6 comments:
I'm so glad that you liked the video. I'm excited for you and David and this new phase of your life. I'm not gonna lie, having two little ones is sometimes stressful but at least for me the majority of the time it's enjoyable. There is nothing more precious then these little ones and I know you'll be a great mother all over again. This little girl is so lucky to have amazing parents and a loving big sister to lead the way.
what an amazing video, thanks for sharing....you're an amazing mom!
I'll give you my 2 cents, for what it's worth. The way you will "do it all" is by maintaining your priorities. I re-learn this every single day. The Gospel and family are #1. I know it's true for you too. You can do it...maybe not ALL of it and maybe not in the way you expect, but when you do what's right, and maintain your priorities, it all works out. JD and I just gave talks last Sunday on keeping the Sabbath day holy. There's a lot more to it than I thought. A LOT MORE, but the promises are great and immeasurable. THAT is how we can do it all. (here's a talk I used that really hit me
http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?locale=0&sourceId=30527cf34f40c010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD
Thanks for your thoughts. You've put many of my feelings into words :)
Thank you sooooo much for that, I REALLY needed to hear that today, I have been in a "mom slum" lately!!!! You are a wonderful mom and person and I know that you will be able to balance everything. It won't always be easy but you are amazing and so talented that you can make it work. Good luck with everything, wish we could be there to help you :)
Thinking of you Chelsi through all of your exciting changes! Balance,,,,,a simple word but such a challenge in motherhood. I have no doubts in you Chelsi....you are already doing an amazing job! hugs.
Post a Comment